Hennepin’s Phased Reopening Plans
We’re Dialing Back to the “Red Phase“
Here is what to expect during the Red Phase (think “virtual”):
.Thank you for your prayers and patience as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any questions regarding Hennepin’s reopening plan, please contact Joe Polach, Director of Facilities, by phone at 612.435.1335 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No meetings or gatherings will be scheduled at the church building except as required for the creation of our virtual worship services.
- We will continue to gather virtually to celebrate worship together online each Sunday.
- All of our online offerings will continue. Groups and committees continue to meet virtually.
- Pastoral care will continue to be provided by phone or online using Zoom video conferencing.
- Off-site wedding, baptism, and funeral services can be conducted, though encouraged to be postponed. Weddings, baptisms, and funerals will not be held in the church building.
- Minimal staff will work on-site in order to maintain the building and continue basic operations such as receiving deliveries (8am–4pm weekdays). The majority of staff will work remotely.
Congregational Care is available.
Hennepin Avenue UMC Pastors, Visitation Ministers and Care Team offer support for all life events. To let us know you or a loved one needs care, please use one of the contact buttons below. You can also call the office (612-871-5303), or email (email@example.com); the pastor on call will contact you as soon as possible.
Please note that we do not have access to names of people who are hospitalized. We need you to contact us or have a loved one contact us to tell us about the hospitalization.
Congregational care is one of the most important gifts of spiritual community, and we want to be with you in celebration or sorrow. If you experience an emergency or a bereavement, or want to request a prayer, please reach out to us.
Request Pastoral Care & Prayers
Celebrate & Share Life Events
Now is the time for new connections!
How to Live Stream
There are many easy ways to access the worship services digitally:
1>> On our website 2>> on Facebook 3>> on a mobile device via our app 4>> on you-tube
We strongly encourage you to practice using one or more of these in advance of the service. IIf you need help, we invite you to find a friend, family member, or neighbor who can help you get it set up, or you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON OUR WEBSITE
On your desktop computer, open an internet browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and go to haumc.org/live. If the worship service has started, you will see an active video on the page. If the service has not started yet, you will see a black box and a note about how soon the live stream will be “on.” When it is time for the service to begin, “refresh” the web page and the video will be shown live.
Watch the live stream on our Facebook page, Facebook@HennepinAvenueUMC. If you do not already have a Facebook account, you will need to create one in order to view the Facebook Live video. If you already follow us on Facebook, simply visit our Facebook page at the time of the worship service and scroll down to watch the live video. Otherwise, type “HennepinAvenueUMC” into the search bar on your Facebook page, and then click on the link to our page. When it is time for the service to begin, the video will be shown live.
ON MOBILE DEVICE VIA OUR APP
Download the HAUMC Live Stream app to your mobile device (smartphone or tablet only, not available for desktop computers). For Apple IOS devices, go to the App Store. For Android devices, go to Google Play Store. Search for “HAUMC Live Stream”. When you see our church logo cross, you will know you’ve found the right app. Click “Get,” and when the download is complete, click “Open.” When it is time for the worship service to begin, open the app, and the live video will show up automatically.
All of our worship services are available on our You-tube channel (click here). While you’re there, please “subscribe”.
Facebook: Watch the Worship Service
“HAUMC Live Stream” App (Apple IOS mobile devices): Install & Watch
“HAUMC Live Stream” App (Android mobile devices): Install & Watch
watch now: live on you-tube
Reception Desk & Building Hours
MODIFIED building “business” HOURS ARE NOW IN EFFECT DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, AS WE TRY TO SERVE OUR COMMUNITY AND CARE FOR OUR STAFF AND VISITORS. Effective Friday, August 14, the Hennepin Avenue UMC building will observe the following hours:
Monday through Friday: 8am–2pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Bishop Ough urges the postponement or cancellation of all non-essential, in-person small group meetings or gatherings in church buildings. If you need to cancel a meeting or event scheduled to take place at Hennepin Avenue UMC, please email: email@example.com or call our front desk: 612-871-5303
The following Children, Family & Youth Programming will be suspended until further notice:
- Hennepin Kids for LYFE (moved to online programming, please visit haumc.org/children)
- Youth Ministry activities (moved to both online and socially-distanced in-person outdoors programming, please visit haumc.org/youth)
- All summer camps and mission trips (please visit haumc.org/children)
The following Ministries will be suspended until further notice:
- Sunday Brunch
- Sabbath Beginnings Worship
- Seeds of Celebration
Community Meals is still in ministry but has moved locations to Plymouth Congregational Church, every Sunday beginning at 4:30pm.
The Dignity Center is still in ministry but has slightly modified its services. Read more here.
The following small groups are temporarily suspended:
- Lenten Study Group “The Walk”
- Thursday Women’s Bible Study
- Friday Men’s Bible Study
- Pub Theology gatherings
- Gutsy Women of Faith gatherings
- Life Adventures for Seniors & Friends
The following Choir Rehearsals are temporarily suspended:
- Sanctuary Choir
- Journey Choir
- Altar Choir
- Hennepin Chime
- Youth Bell Choir