Hennepin’s Phased Reopening Plans
We’re Moving Back to the “Orange Phase“
As hospitalizations due to COVID and the number of new daily COVID cases in MN stays steady, we are reopening our church building for certain limited purposes.
Here is what to expect during the Red Phase
(think “virtual” or “very small group”):
.Thank you for your prayers and patience as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any questions regarding Hennepin’s reopening plan, please contact Joe Polach, Director of Facilities, by phone at 612.435.1335 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- in-person on-site baptisms, weddings and funerals are permitted for groups of no more than 10 people;
- worship services continue to be held online only;
- most groups and committees continue to meet virtually;
- a receptionist will be on-site Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm, and the building will be fully closed on weekends;
- throughout the church building hand-sanitizing stations are in place;
- appropriate signage has been posted to indicate spaces within the building that remain closed;
- most staff continue to work remotely;
- staff in the office wear masks, measure their temperature before working in the office, and are directed to disinfect their personal workspace before leaving;
- members, vendors, and other guests adhere to the same requirements as staff.
FREE TAKE-HOME SALIVA TESTS
- You should not eat, drink or use tobacco products for 30 minutes before taking the test.
- You will need access to the internet (via phone or computer when using the test) for a zoom meeting with someone with Vault labs who will observe/walk you through the testing process.
- You will also need to register with Vault Labs (online) to take the test. Each person taking the test will need to register AND provide a separate email for results notification.
- You will receive their results via email within 48–72 hours after the test.
- You will need to take the test (in the provided, pre-paid envelope) to a United Parcel Service (UPS) the same day you take the test. You cannot take the envelope to the post office (USPS) or FedEx.
covid-19 vaccination pilot program
- Minnesotans 65 and older (who can sign up online or over the phone)
- Pre-K-12 educators and staff (who will work directly with their program or school)
- Child care workers (who will be randomly selected and notified)
Congregational Care is available.
Hennepin Avenue UMC Pastors, Visitation Ministers and Care Team offer support for all life events. To let us know you or a loved one needs care, please use one of the contact buttons below. You can also call the office (612-871-5303), or email (email@example.com); the pastor on call will contact you as soon as possible.
Please note that we do not have access to names of people who are hospitalized. We need you to contact us or have a loved one contact us to tell us about the hospitalization.
Congregational care is one of the most important gifts of spiritual community, and we want to be with you in celebration or sorrow. If you experience an emergency or a bereavement, or want to request a prayer, please reach out to us.
Request Pastoral Care & Prayers
Celebrate & Share Life Events
Now is the time for new connections!
How to Live Stream
There are many easy ways to access the worship service digitally:
1>> On our website 2>> on you-tube 3>> on you-tube 4>> on a mobile device via our app. 5> > on the phone
We strongly encourage you to practice using one or more of these in advance of the service. If you need help, we invite you to find a friend, family member, or neighbor who can help you get it set up, or you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reception Desk & Building Hours
MODIFIED building “business” HOURS ARE NOW IN EFFECT DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, AS WE TRY TO SERVE OUR COMMUNITY AND CARE FOR OUR STAFF AND VISITORS. Effective February 16, 2021, the Hennepin Avenue UMC building will observe the following hours:
Monday through Friday: 9am–4pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Bishop Ough urges the postponement or cancellation of all non-essential, in-person small group meetings or gatherings in church buildings. If you need to cancel a meeting or event scheduled to take place at Hennepin Avenue UMC, please email: email@example.com or call our front desk: 612-871-5303
Children, Family, & Youth Programs
All camps and retreats have been offered in a virtual format during the pandemic.
All mission trips have been postponed until travel is safer again.
MINISTRIES & COMMUNITY OUTREACH
THE FOLLOWING CHURCH MINISTRIES ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED:
- Sunday Brunch
- Sabbath Beginnings Worship
- Seeds of Celebration
SMALL GROUPS AT HENNEPIN
The following small groups are temporarily suspended:
- Lenten Study Group “The Walk”
- Thursday Women’s Bible Study
- Friday Men’s Bible Study
- Pub Theology gatherings
- Gutsy Women of Faith gatherings
- Life Adventures for Seniors & Friends
CHOIR PRACTICE AT HENNEPIN
The following in-person Choir Rehearsals are temporarily suspended:
- Sanctuary Choir
- Journey Choir
- Altar Choir
- Hennepin Chime
- Youth Bell Choir