THE DIGNITY CENTER | COVID-19
THE DIGNITY CENTER IS NOT CLOSED
We are open and operating with limited interaction. We have entered phase three of our COVID-19 programming support plan. This includes connecting with participants remotely; community check-ins by phone and email, assistance requests through appointments, and serving a home-cooked meal to go. The population we serve is anxious and has nowhere to go to access information or support. There is much work yet to be done as we walk with people on their path to stability. Thank you for your support and for sharing our journey.
Community is so important and we will continue to provide what we can, for as long as we can, as best as we can.
Welcoming & supporting people living in poverty on their path to stability
The Dignity Center is an interfaith outreach ministry of Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church
The Dignity Center is…
- operating with the support of a network of community and faith-based organizations
- providing direct service ministry with which community partners become involved
- offering social service and ministry students a place to learn and grow
Join our Support Network today!
The Network supports The Dignity Center…
- through monthly or annual financial contributions
- by providing volunteers, and
- by giving in-kind contributions
Network Churches receive from The Dignity Center…
- education about the challenges of poverty
- reports on the progress being made toward ending homelessness, and
- opportunities for their members to become involved in social justice and outreach ministry
To learn more, email:
>>> 18 Years of Welcoming & Support <<<
- In 2004 we hired a director for the first time.
- In 2008 we added case management services.
- In 2013 we acquired a database to allow us to collect information and report participant outcomes.
- In 2015 we moved into the Parsonage (now Ministry House) and expanded our services.
- In 2017, through collaboration with Downtown Congregations to End Homelessness (now AlignMpls) we helped provide emergency rental assistance to get and keep people housed
- In 2019 we piloted a meal rescue program through Second Harvest and renovated our kitchen.
- In 2020 we will build leadership skills among those who utilize our services to help them be successful as they achieve their goals to stability.
To commemorate our special Golden Birthday, we are making a big wish:
To raise $18,000 during our “birthday month” from March 18 through April 17
Network Church List
- Advent United Methodist Church, Eagan
- Brooklyn United Methodist Church, Brooklyn Center
- Elim Lutheran Church, Robbinsdale
- First Christian Church of Minneapolis, Minneapolis
- First Christian Church of Saint Paul, Saint Paul
- First Unitarian Society, Minneapolis
- Fridley United Methodist Church, Fridley
- Good Samaritan United Methodist Church, Edina
- Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church, Minneapolis
- Lake Harriet United Methodist Church, Minneapolis
- Mount Olive Lutheran Church, Minneapolis
- Mount Olivet Lutheran Church, Minneapolis
- Nativity Lutheran Church, Minneapolis
- Northeast United Methodist Church, Minneapolis
- North United Methodist Church, Minneapolis
- Plymouth Congregational Church, Minneapolis
- Saint Joan of Arc Catholic Community, Minneapolis
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral, Minneapolis
- Westminster Presbyterian Church, Minneapolis
Stay Connected to The Dignity Center
Subscribe to 'Sharing Dignity', our digital newsletter!SUBSCRIBE HERE