United Methodist Women (UMW) has had a strong purpose
for over 150 years: we are organized for mission
- We seek wholeness for ourselves and for others, especially women, children, and youth.
- We seek to be followers of Jesus Christ as we live our faith in acts of justice and mercy.
- We are catalysts for needed change.
- We are mobilizers of human and material resources.
- We are creators of new arenas of participation throughout the church and the world.
- Ours is a “sisterhood” of Faith, Hope, and Love in Action.
“For as in one body we have many members, and not all the members have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another. We have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us: prophecy, in proportion to faith; ministry, in ministering; the teacher, in teaching; the exhorter, in exhortation; the giver, in generosity; the leader, in diligence; the compassionate, in cheerfulness.” –Romans 12:4–8
DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THE MANY UMW CIRCLES HAVE COMBINED INTO ONE
AND MEET MONTHLY ON ZOOM.
UMW BALCH GRANTS
UMW Balch Grants Support Programs Near and Far
The Jane E. Balch Memorial Fund was established by Durward Earl Balch in memory of his mother (1885–1974) who was a lifelong member of Hennepin Avenue UMC and was active in the work of the United Methodist Women. The fund was established for Hennepin’s United Methodist Women to further their support of mission projects across the United States and in the world.
Hennepin Avenue UMC’s United Methodist Women are pleased to share our 2021 Jane E. Balch Memorial Fund grant recipients. We made $11,514.00 available in grants to organizations or ministries inside and outside Hennepin that benefit the needs of women, children, and youth.